Albert Gifford has progressed from Strode to the University of Oxford to study medicine.
A Level and vocational students
Our A Level and advanced vocational students have an impressive record for university and career progression. They are 12% more likely to get a place at university than the national average this year, including at top Russell Group universities, such as Oxford and Cambridge.
Many others choose to go directly into employment, self employment or Apprenticeships, gaining a range of jobs with excellent prospects. See where some of our past students are working now
"A particularly high proportion of students at all levels successfully progress on to appropriate and sustainable further or higher education or to employment."
Higher education students
Our university-level courses are industry-specific, focusing on areas of employment as diverse as IT, engineering or the heritage sector. Whether in public amenities or in the wider business community, our Degrees, Foundation Degrees, HNDs and HNCs provide opportunities to gain rewarding jobs and develop exciting career paths. They also offer a sound basis for further study.
The range of destinations for students who recently completed Higher Education courses demonstrates the many possibilities opened up by studying with us:
- Study for a Master’s Degree or teaching qualifications.
- Top-up years at Plymouth University or other Higher Education institution to complete full degree qualifications.
- Continue at Strode College top gain the BA (Hons) Degree course in History, Heritage & Archaeology.
- Management positions with local retail companies.
- Involvement in the regional tourism industry.
- Acceptance on to an airline pilot training programme.