Quality is an important aspect at Strode College
Our commitment to quality across all aspects of the College is 100% and we are continuously inspected and audited to make sure we're getting it right.
Quality Assurance Policy
To support the College’s first strategic objective: to be outstanding in everything that we do.
- To ensure that the College is meeting the obligations under its Charter to students and other stakeholders
- To meet Ofsted and external funding agency audit requirements (HEFCE, SFA & EFA)
- To achieve improvement targets year-on-year and to contribute to national targets by reviewing performance indicators and benchmarking when setting targets
- To provide a flexible and responsive service that meets the needs of all stakeholders
- To promote and support an outstanding standard of teaching, learning and assessment
- Link quality assurance activities to the College Mission and Strategic Objectives
- Annually review the appropriateness of the College Charter and ensure expectations are being met
- Review and evaluate both the academic provision of the College and the services provided by support teams as part of the annual self-assessment process
- Ensure self-assessment action plans are SMART and that they address areas identified for development
- Develop data and reporting systems that enable managers to effectively monitor student progress in relation to minimum target grades, attendance, retention, achievement, success and destinations
- Monitor student performance against targets and the self-assessment action plan
- Monitor the quality of the College’s sub-contract provision in accordance with service level agreements
- Ensure that the College captures sufficient and constructive feedback from students and employers by employing a range of consultation methods and providing a timely and appropriate response to feedback received
- Monitor internal and external verification, course reviews and evaluation, identify areas giving cause for concern and monitor action taken to improve the quality of provision
- Continue to raise standards and recognition by the accreditation or re-accreditation of quality kitemarks
- Support continuous improvement of teaching, learning and assessment and the student experience at Strode College through promotion of a self-critical culture
- Ensure that the College’s Staff Review and Development Scheme identifies the development needs of all staff and that opportunities are provided for these needs to be met
- Operate in a culture of transparency and accountability by publicising results, sharing performance data with benchmarking providers and partner schools and informing students how the College responds to feedback
Methods by which the above Aims and Objectives will be met:
Advanced Practitioners and Skills Teachers (mentors); attendance monitoring; compliments and complaints procedure; course reviews; course team meetings; critical friend reviews; destination/outcome research; external examiner and verification (FE and HE); internal verification; kitemark accreditations; student, staff and employer surveys; management information reports; observation of teaching, learning and assessment; progress reviews and progress monitoring; retention monitoring; quality audits; self-assessment, staff development and training.