National Scholarship Programme
for Foundation Degrees
We have two scholarships available for students beginning a Foundation Degree course at Strode in September 2012. Successful applicants who meet the selection criteria will have their total course fees reduced. Applications are invited from full and part-time students of all ages, and from all types of previous qualification routes.
The following criteria will be used, in this order, to help us decide which applicants will be awarded a scholarship.
- The student is from a `Widening Participation` Post Code area in Mendip district of Somerset.
- The student’s family income is less than £20,000 a year.
- The student is the first generation of the family to study a Higher Education course.
If we have more than two applicants who meet these criteria, priority will be given to students who meet the additional criteria for rural social deprivation set out below. Applicants will need to provide evidence to support their application.
- The student has no access to any form of transport.
- The student has no access to broadband.
- TThe student’s household comprises family members who are unemployed or casually employed.
Where no-one meets all three criteria listed for rural social deprivation we will award the Scholarship based on two criteria. If there is more than one applicant meeting two criteria, the rural social deprivation criteria will also be used.