Learning Difficulties & Disabilities
Our commitment to Students
Strode College is fully committed to an Equlaity & Diversity Policy which includes a provision for people with disabilities, and learning needs. Please read our Accessibility Statement for full details and read our Local Offer.
Our responsibilities are to:
- Assess and understand students' needs
- Give appropriate advice, guidance and support
- Provide fully qualified, trained helpful staff
- Provide an accessible campus with sufficient resources
What support is available?
If you have a physical disability or sensory impairment, specific or non-specific learning disability, or are recovering from a mental illness, we can help by providing individually designed programmes.
Support ranges from:
- British Sign Language trained support workers
- educational psychologists
- dyslexia specialists
- Learning Support Assistants
- additional teaching hours
- tutors for the deaf
- sensory equipment
- smaller teaching groups for those with a learning disability at entry level
- specialised equipment and resources
- access arrangements
Disability Equality Scheme
If you would like a copy of the Disability Equality Scheme, please contact Mandie Holloway on 01458 844433 or email@example.com.
The College continually invests in the campus, updating facilities to ensure a student friendly campus for all students. We have lifts available in A, B C, E and M blocks and accessible entrances to other facilities. We welcome your feedback about your experience which will help us to continue improving college facilities.
Guide dogs, hearing dogs and other assistance dogs are welcome in the College.