Beauty Therapy L2 NVQ Diploma
|SC111||Strode College, Church Road, Street, Somerset, BA16 0AB||One Year||02 Sep 13||1287.00|
Course code: BD2BS
What will you do on this course?
You will learn all the basic services required to work as a therapist in the beauty industry whilst attending college 3 days per week.
During the course you will study:
- Health & Safety;
- Promote Additional Products and Services;
- Develop and Maintain your Effectiveness at Work;
- Salon Reception Duties;
- Provide Facial Skin Care Treatments;
- Enhance the Appearance of Eyebrows and Eyelashes;
- Carry out Waxing Services;
- Provide Manicure Services;
- Provide Pedicure Services;
- Provide Make-up Services.
A variety of assessment methods are used including observations, written tests, assignments, oral questions and completion of a portfolio.
On successful completion of the course students will achieve a City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Beauty Therapy.
You will also have the opportunity to achieve certfiicates in Dermalogica, Jane Iredale Mineral Basics Make-up and Caflon.
Additional training and qualifications give students a real advantage in the workplace and broader product knowledge. All training is carried out in a fully commercial salon environment.
Various trips to national exhibitions and beauty wholesalers are arranged. See the Teaching Teams Beauty Therapy section of our website for highlights of our previous training, activities and trips.
One week of work experience in industry is also a part of the course requirement.
City & Guilds Level 3 in Beauty Therapy or NVQ Level 3 Nail Services or Complementary Therapies Diploma.
Beauty Salons, Health clubs, Cruise liners, Spas, product retailing and self employment as freelance therapists.
5 GCSE grades A* to E or equivalent, such as NVQ Level 1 plus a GCSE grade E or above. It would be beneficial for students to have gained Science and English GCSE.
- Approx. £160 for Kit which includes shoes and tunic.
- Approx. costs of optional residential trip £300.
- Approx costs of trade show visit £50.