- 04/05/11 - Music Technology Students Release Online Album
Strode College BTEC Music Technology students launched two new compilation albums last month on Strode's own label, SC Records. 'Sound on Sound vol. 2' showcases the students best electronic music productions from Dubstep to Hiphop, while 'Strode Live Sessions vol.1' focuses on live bands and artists recorded and produced in the college sound studios.
Both albums are available for free download from www.strodecollege.bandcamp.com
As part of their course the students are required to record and produce music for commercial use, design their own CD covers and create promotional material including videos and posters.
Some students composed and produced an EP of their own work while others recorded and produced an artist or band. All the artists involved will be featured on the Strode College Music Technology blog site over the coming weeks - www.strodecollege.bandcamp.com
- Felix Rayment from Wells, aka 'Staro' has produced some impressive Dubstep and has been getting some interest from a number of 'youtube' channels.
- Shelley Peters from Evercreech has recorded a number of bands in the studio and produced some impressive finished products.
- Sam Ballet from Yeovil aka 'Supa Nin' has composed his own work and recorded and produced a live band in the studio.
- Scott Linton from Somerton has released two of his own albums on the 'bandcamp' website under the name 'Sclintsoul'
- Sophie Chouings from Glastonbury has recorded and produced Dan Canvin and remixes of this work were produced and released by Cris Orwin from Stoke Sub Hamdon.
- Rob Ayton from Shepton Mallet has produced an E.P. of his own electronic music under the name 'A-Tone.'
Adrian Smith, Strode College Music Technology Lecturer, said: "The launch of the Stode College record label last year has given the students a real boost. The quality of the music they have produced this year is outstanding and it is good to see that they are getting recognition outside the college especially online."
The students showcased their work at a recent launch party featuring DJ sets, music software and live performances from Rob Ayton, aka 'A-Tone', George Dunscombe, aka Diatonic EFX, Hollie Trevis, Ollie Proud, Chelsea Paget and the band 'Jack Flash.'
Photo: Rob Ayton from Shepton Mallet performing at the album launch party.